Head of Technology
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Arcade is looking for a talented technology leader to help us build and expand our performance engagement solutions. We are pioneering gamification for the workplace, helping make work more exciting for everyone — from the desk workers within sales teams, to delivery drivers out in the field, to floor workers within warehouses. Create the toolkit that will bring more competition, collaboration, and fun to the modern workforce.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Work with the Executive Team to set clear priorities and goals by balancing the long-term and immediate needs
- Partner closely with Product team to create, drive, and deliver innovative, compelling, and user-friendly products.
- Develop and grow Tech leadership talent through active mentoring, coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies for key talent in a growing, competitive economic environment.
- Manage and inspire software engineers to innovate, invent, implement, and deploy complex software solutions.
- Manage team resource use and development, including budgeting, training, hiring and resourcing decisions
- Implement a strategic vision and operations plan for scaling and securing our infrastructure our globally. Drive key technology stack and implementation decisions.
- Act as a trusted advisor to Board and C-Suite on technology trends, strategy & best practices.
- Develop metrics and KPIs to measure technology efficacy and identify areas for improvement
What Will You Bring To The Team?
- 10 years of professional experience in technology/engineering leadership with a demonstrated track record of technical innovation, leading end-to-end product development, and leading software engineering teams.
- An Engineering foundation by training or by heart; has the technical depth to quickly assess the effectiveness of system architectures and technology stack, development methodologies and tools to run an efficient software design and development organization.
- A track record of attracting, hiring, scaling, managing, and retaining top-quality staff and management. You have created a high-performance, transparent environment focused on accountability and results, preferably managing several distributed teams.
- You have experience with core technologies used by our team: Ruby on Rails (Ruby), React (Typescript), Python, and PostgreSQL.
- You have experience with using Agile development methodologies and working on an agile team.
- You are excited about working on a fast-paced, constantly evolving product.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options package.
- Live and work remote. Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity.
- 20 days of PTO + 10 company paid holidays
- Top-tier Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage + Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program.
- Life, Disability, Accident, Critical Illness insurance options available.
Arcade helps you build teams that are highly productive and engaged. Every day companies rely on Arcade to boost the motivation, performance, and retention of their workforce. Through streamlined communication, employee recognition, and gamified incentives, Arcade strategically focuses employees towards the actions and behaviors that move the needle for their organization.
Launched in 2016, by two ambitious Australians, Arcade is at the forefront of building performance engagement solutions for the modern workforce. Headquartered in Plano, TX, we're a highly motivated team of 25+ distributed across the US and Australia.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.